About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Judging other moms

I cannot tell a lie, I have been guilty of this sin. I am learning how to do this less and less. Instead of speaking of judging in general, I am going to focus on mothers judging other mothers. Being on the receiving end has taught me how damaging and hurtful it is. "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." James 1:19  I think we should really think before we speak when someone is sharing. We really need to listen and take in everything and be slow to respond. If it isn't a helpful or encouraging statement I believe it is better left unsaid. We need to understand that we don't see the person's life triumphs or troubles on a daily basis. We don't know their childhood or nature or things they have experienced in their lifetime. 
  "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8
Sometimes the things discussed are just the tip of the surface of what a person is feeling or going through.

 I have come to wonder and ask why can't we just believe that a mom is doing what is best for her child? and that she has really thought through a issue and is doing her best to solve it or is making the best educated decision for her child. Just because you would do differently doesn't mean you should criticize and question the other mother's decision. We each have free will from God to decide what is best for our child or children. No one is in their spiritual journey at the same level and everyone has struggles. What really gets me, is judging more on a legalistic level. Things that God does not command us to do like getting immunizations or not, whether to home-school or not,  choosing to work outside the home or not, what kind of food you feed your child etc. These things are important decisions but they don't make or break ones salvation or make you a bad parent for choosing different legalistic choices than the next person. "The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him." Romans 14:3

I am going to choose see it as a blessing that I have experienced judgements for my parenting decisions, because it opens my eyes to how it can be discouraging and close minded. It also makes it hard to open up to the person doing the judging. We will quickly learn whom we can lean on for acceptance and understanding and most important listening. "Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else."Galatians 5:26 and "Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."Galatians 5:26  Let us love and accept ourselves so that we can love and accept our neighbor. We need to uplift and encourage others, it is vital to our walk with the Lord. It is what we are called to do. We all have different gifts to share with others.
"We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith". Romans 12:6 and  “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven."
Luke 6:37  and

"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."
Romans 14:12-13


Heavenly father, let us have compassion for everyone we encounter and listen closely, speak less and think before we speak, so that it is pleasing to you. Let us be a light onto others so that they can feel Jesus's love and acceptance for them just as they are.  Let us not let our own issues and insecurites  get in the way of our calling. Thank you for all the opportunities to love and accept others. In Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name