About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 7 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Our Baby Girl's Natural Birth Story!

I have wanted a natural birth for awhile and had thought about a home birth my last couple of pregnancies. I had two previous successful VBACS. Which you can read about Here and Here. Although I am not sure why I didn't put more details of Carson's birth. Maybe I was taken aback that I actually had a successful VBAC.  

I felt my body was preparing for birth and I did use Raspberry Leaf Tea and Evening Primrose Oil which did seem to enable me to have a natural birth. It was a bit different labor but now I see the big picture of how it worked in my favor. My faith waxed and waned throughout. I had some unexpected pregnancy issues. Mostly varicose veins which are already healing and very sensitive skin. I took White Oak Bark and Butcher's Broom to help during pregnancy. Made sure I rested as much as I could and elevated my feet and laid mostly on my left side. Now I am continuing taking the Primrose oil and Butcher's Broom. I also am learning about the Mayan's knowing how important it is the have the uterus centered when not centered can cause circulation problems, sciatic problems, menstrual problems, infections ect. There are massages you can do to help center it. I will have to wait six weeks to try them. 

I do digress but I did have to mention those things that I took in my pregnancy that did help me obtain a natural birth. My last appointment was on the 13th my doctor checked and I was dilated to 3 cm and 50% effaced at that time. I did notice my plug coming out in tiny bits before that hardly noticeable at first. She asked if I wanted her to strip my membranes and I said sure since with Ethan it progressed that day...... Of course I was already having some contractions at the time and was about 4 to 5 cm.  Well after I did get contractions but they would go away after a bit. This went on the next day especially when I went to bed. October 15th I was thinking this is the day because they seemed to get stronger and including cramping but eventually they would go away and were somewhat irregular. During that day and the next I had seemed lost most of my plug including the bloody show. 

I continued questioning and thinking this feels like real contractions. I also started to get them more in the day. I typically get back labor except with Ethan when I prayed to not have back labor. This went on for the next couple of days. Then the 18th came and my husband and I were feeling that the contractions were getting harder but it was hard to measure them since they would start and stop. At about ten pm I decided to go to bed and see what would happen. My husband told me I probably would have to go in later. I tried to sleep and started getting contractions again and more intense. I kept on saying my water needs to break so I can know what to do. In between my trips to the bathroom I tried to rest. I remember thinking I think my water will break this time. At about 1:30 am I heard a pop and my water broke as I ran to the bathroom and then had to pee again.

I cleaned up as best as I could and told my husband we needed to leave because my water broke and then my contractions came in steady at about 7 minutes apart. at about 2 am we headed to the hospital which is about 30 minutes away. We arrived at about 2:30 am and made our way up to labor and delivery. A couple of people asked if I wanted a wheel chair but I felt like I wouldn't be able to sit down. When I got to the waiting room before they take you to the delivery room I was checked. My water did break and I was already at a 8cm. I had a thought in my mind that if I felt needed the epidural I would get it. My last labors were not spread out like that. I was quickly wheeled over to the delivery room and was ready to push at 3:07 am. Lillian Mae was born at 3:13 am on October 19th , 2016 and weighed 9lb 4 oz and was 22 inches long. A Senior Intern delivered because my doctor didn't make it in time. That was the shortest time I was ever at the hospital in labor a bit less than 45 minutes. I think it was the tea and Evening Primrose Oil. In the end I had a natural birth and somewhat of a home birth since my labor was spread out and I was at home for most of it. Whatever we set our minds to we can and will achieve it. My faith has been grown again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name