Saturday, April 17, 2010
I started reading this last year to my oldest son but I finished it this year. The author is C.S. Lewis. I try to read to him every night. He is old enough to read now (he is 9), but he loves it when I read this to him and his children's Bible. Anyhow, wonderful book and we own the new version of the movie. I thought this was the first book but it is actually the second in the series. The Magician and his nephew is the first which we don't have. We need that one and the last one. We have two through six.
This has talking animals, imagination, morals and fighting for what is right in a way in which you and your child should enjoy. I guess it would be considered a fantasy type book and I would consider it for all ages. Again my oldest son is 9 and loved it. We are now reading the 3rd book A Horse and his boy. Now I will need to find number 1 and number 7.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I found this recipe from a magazine ad for Campbell's soup. ( I am sure any brand would work I did use Campbell's)
1 can Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup (regular or 98% fat free)
1\4 cup milk
1 lb Gr Beef ( I used turkey sausage)
2 cups Prego Fresh mushroom Italian Sauce ( I used Meijer brand mushroom sauce)
9 cooked Lasagna noodles ( I used whole box and alternated with the sauce and soup)
1 cup shredded or Italian blend or Mozzarella cheese ( I used Mozz and Mexican cheese)
1. Heat Oven to 400 F. Stir soup and milk in small bowl until smooth.
2. cook beef in skillet over medium- high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour of fat. Stir in sauce. ( I added cottage cheese to mine)
3. Layer 1/2 beef mixture, 3 noodles and 1 cup soup mixture in 2 -qt shallow baking dish top with 3 more noodles, remaining beef mixture, remaining noodles and remaining soup mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese, Cover baking dish. ( I didn't cover mine)
4. Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover baking dish.
5. Heat broiler. Broil 4" from heat 2 min. or until cheese is golden brown. Let stand 10 min. ( I admit I skipped this part)
My version is pictured above :) Everyone loved it.
Monday, April 5, 2010
This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name