About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cake Stand



I have seen this great idea on several blogs and decided to try it out for myself. I think I even saw the idea on mommysavers. Here is another example at one blog

Sorry, I forgot to take the before but you will get the idea. It really is so simple and fun. It makes a great elegant or whimsical cake stand depending on the look you are going for. If you don't have anything on hand to make this thrift stores are a great place to find the supplies you need. The glue can be found at most grocery and or hardware stores. I found mine at Family Dollar.

What you will need:

Dinner plate
A candlestick holder, bowl or a type of vase to use as a base
Epoxy/cement glue that will work on glass

Put glue around the base of the item you are going to use for the stand part of your cake stand. I also put glue on the plate where I was going to place the stand part. Place the plate upside down so that the stand piece will dry onto the plate. Let it set 24 hours before use. You could use smaller sized plates and cups to make a cupcake holder and/or dessert tower. The possibilities are endless. These would make great gifts for dessert and party enthusiasts. You could even make them a cake or cookies on top and deliver it to the recipient.


Today's Creative Blog

4 comments:

  1. Love the looks of this! The plate you used is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! love the base that you used for this! Usually I've seen the skinnier candlesticks, but I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies. I just happened to find this plate and stand piece at Goodwill and thought they would look great together(bowl or vase LOL) Very easy to make and yet it will look great on a table for parties or when you have visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I thought it was a bonus that the plate was made in the USA :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name