The next day, instead of getting better he seemed to get worse. He was in so much pain. Kellan usually has a high tolerance of pain. I thought about the book and started to think something wasn't right. We went to urgent care and then were transferred to the emergency room. The doctors were leaning to a appendicitis. He was sent to have a CT Scan which confirmed that what was 98% the problem. A while later he had surgery done to remove the pesky appendix that had started to burst. Dr. Lindsey was able to use a scope to extract the appendix. Kellan has three cuts on his abdominal that are healing. I praise God for giving me the wisdom to take him in. I also praise him that I was able to finish the Heaven is For Real book in December. God saved Kellan's life and I am sharing to give all the glory to him. Kellan is resting and on the road to recovery.God is good all the time. I thank him for saving my son and for giving his son on the cross so that we could all live.
I would highly recommend the book Heaven is for Real.
Also here are some symptoms of a appendicitis from the Mayo Clinic:
SymptomsBy Mayo Clinic staff
Signs and symptoms of appendicitis may include:
- Aching pain that begins around your navel and often shifts to your lower right abdomen
- Pain that becomes sharper over several hours
- Tenderness that occurs when you apply pressure to your lower right abdomen
- Sharp pain in your lower right abdomen that occurs when the area is pressed on and then the pressure is quickly released (rebound tenderness)
- Pain that worsens if you cough, walk or make other jarring movements
- Loss of appetite
- Low-grade fever
- Inability to pass gas
- Abdominal swelling