About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Great Gatsby


This is a story that unfolds in the 1920's, prohibition era. Nick is the narrator of the novel. Nick is a late 20 something, who is trying to decide how he wants to earn a living. The Great Gatsby is his elusive, rich neighbor that always seems to have lavish parties filled with random people, that most of whom he doesn't even know. One day he sends a personal invitation to Nick. Nick can't decide what the truth is about Gatsby and is seems to go from liking to disliking either him or the character he portrays. Nick, soon finds out that Gatsby has a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Nick's cousin Daisy.

This was a classic novel that I enjoyed and was entertained throughout with the various characters in Nick's life and the changing and somewhat twisting plot. Most of characters were not lovable but very memorable. It was a bit of a dark comedy and drama. I would recommend reading this and crossing it off your classic list. It is a fairly easy and enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name