About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lucky By Alice Sebold




From the author that wrote The Lovely Bones comes a memoir of a time in the author Alice's Life. A time where everything changed and nothing would ever be the same but Alice came out stronger and had the brave heart to fight. As a college student in Syracuse, Alice was raped in a park by her campus. She describes the trials, tribulations and some of the triumphs that came out of her rape and aftermath.

This is a great book and lets you understand how a person is effected by a crime as brutal as rape. It goes into enough detail for the reader to understand the impact but not so much that it turns the reader away from the content. Alice displays courage and lets the reader know that there is life after rape, a different life but a life worth the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name