About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Smiling at 20 weeks and Baby is a ..............







I am halfway there. I hit the 20 week mark on Thursday. I had my 20 week ultrasound on Friday. We weren't planning on taking all the kids but it turned out that two of the elementary children got the flu.  My husband and I were going to take our two year old but do to my children not being able to go to school they went along. My oldest son had just started feeling better and had already missed a day of school. It was a memorable day to say the least.

The appointment was at 9 am and thirty minutes away. The roads were pretty slick so we made it but were about 10 minutes late. Our youngest got sick all over his blanket and coat on the way there. I rinsed the  coat  in the doctor's office bathroom and we cleaned him up with wet wipes as best as we could until we got back home LOL. I had an appointment right after the ultrasound. The kids were not feeling the greatest but they made it through and were very well behaved. We did give them some medicine so they could rest on the way there. What is a mom and dad to do when you don't realize your kids are going to get sick and it is too late to call someone to watch them? We made it through and despite being sick the older kids enjoyed watching their new sibling on the ultrasound.

I am still getting morning sickness here and there so it was very surprising when we looked at the ultrasound and saw our baby's male parts even before the technician confirmed what we were thinking.  She said she was 100% sure and I told her I could not argue with her. We are indeed having another boy. Our daughter took it pretty well even though she was hoping for a sister. I was hoping for a sister for her as well, but now I am back to being excited and feeling blessed to be having another healthy baby boy! Praise God for another wonderful blessing.

2 comments:

  1. What a great attitude you have about everything! Good luck with your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! The Lord really helps to change my attitude. I wasn't always so positive (still am not at times) but I am learning to be more and more so everyday. Thank you and you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name