About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Twilight and New Moon


I did the opposite of what other people may try to do, I watched the movies before (gasp) reading the books and it is what I always do. Most of the time I end up enjoying the books a bit more, but the movie is usually worthwhile to compare and contrast and gives you a visual that is tangible to the eyes.

Yesterday I finished reading Twilight. I found it worthwhile and it helped me get a bit more into the movie which I had to watch again. I usually don't follow trends in reading and pick up books that look and sound interesting, or maybe someone has suggested was good.

Bella's character was entertaining and at times funny in a dark humor sort of way. What I didn't understand is why she was so careless at times but then again she is 17. I grew to like Edward's character more than I did in the movie, I felt the book went deeper into the core of his personality. I am still rooting for Jacob though and actually was a little excited to start reading New Moon.

Yes, I have already seen New Moon. I am sure I will still enjoy the book. Which is able to go into the story farther and illustrate details in my imagination a bit more than a movie can. I pick up things that I may not have noticed in the movie. The books also have things that happen that may not have been put into the movie. I won't go into detail of that, because I don't want to spoil it for those that have not read the books or seen the movies if there is any left that have not ;). I think it is worthwhile to watch the movies and read the books overall and recommend it for an easy read that has some enjoyment along with it. On a side note this is a 4 part series book; Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I am going to read them all but I am only going to do this book chat for Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name