About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Monday, November 23, 2009

My Goodwill adventure


Today I start a new adventure at my local Goodwill. I will be looking over clothing for defects and tagging them to go out on the rack for your perusal. I will miss my kiddies as I have been able to spend this summer and fall with them. I love working but I feel like I will be giving up valuable time that I can't make up.

The kids grow too fast, and can learn so much in one day.
Granted, I will take the part time shift 8am to noon. This seems to have come at a weird time. This first week I will be working 8am to 4 pm during my son's mini holiday break from school. I don't think we are open on Thanksgiving but I am not sure if people work in the back or not.

At first I was so excited then I started thinking of the things I will miss. MOPS meetings, making my kids breakfast, My oldest going off to school. Nolan (my youngest) coming to sit on my lap in the morning. If my daughter goes to preschool I will miss her first day.
I am sitting here contemplating whether I really even want to try. It seems like a nice enough job but it feels like I will be losing a lot in the process. I know sometimes you have to take risks in life to know what you like and learn but I am just here thinking of my babies who grow and learn everyday.

I know I am not going to say, "Gee I wish I would have worked more during their childhood." It sure is tough being a mom, I am not sure how the moms who have to work do it. I feel like I have to work at times because of society's standards and we are not well off but we are blessed. I suppose I will spend today praying and reflecting on what God wants for my family. I may start a new adventure but it does not have to be a lifelong one. I love to work with my hands and hard work is important to me I just don't want to give up something I can't get back in the process. Then again this could be for me to appreciate my kids a bit more and teach me to be a better person. I know God has a plan for everything in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name