About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Thursday, July 31, 2014

bean and cheese burritos



This is a simple, delicious and frugal recipe to try. Also you can freeze these and use them for lunches or dinner. Maybe add some eggs to them for a quick breakfast.

  • A bag of dried pinto beans
  • tortilla shells
  • cheese

Rinse the beans and pick out the broken ones. Place them in a crock-pot and cover them with water. 

 Add garlic, bay leaves and cumin to flavor

Cook on low overnight

Drain some of the water but leave some in and mash the beans with a masher

Scoop beans onto shells and add shredded cheese on top of the beans

Roll the tortillas into burritos

At this point you can choose to freeze them in a freezer bag or cook them

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Place burritos on cookie sheet

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes


My kids loved these and we will have  often for our home-school lunches and may also try some breakfast ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name