About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ten Ways to Love Your Husband



This is my best friend and I know that sometimes as a husband I take him for granted. Yahweh speaks to me and asks me, "Are you treating him as your neighbor and loving him as Yahshua loves the church"? Sadly at times and more than not I am selfish. I am selfish with my needs and wants and expect him to be a mind reader and if things don't go my way I tend to be demanding it. I praise Yahweh for speaking on my heart. I know I was created for this man as a companion and help meet. In this I am honoring Yahweh and his son Yahshua whom died for our sins. Yahweh made this beautiful relationship to show his covenant of unconditional love and commitment between him and us and no other. It teaches us a very important role on how to serve like his son Yahshua! His son is our high priest and example of that love. He made marriage so beautiful that if the wife respects and honors her husband then he in turn will love and cherish his wife. That is the truth! The woman plays a very important role in this and the ball is really in her court to play fair and well.
Genesis 2:18 And Yahweh Elohim said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him
 Genesis 2:21 And Yahweh Elohim caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which Yahweh Elohim had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.


1. Love him unconditionally- Try to stay away from nagging. I am not saying you shouldn't share your feelings but do so at the right time. Wait on Yahweh to tell you. Make sure you have not gone all day without complimenting him or praising him. Show him affection and set the mood for a peaceful talk. Pick your battles ask yourself if it is something that is even worth picking at. Little things may not even be worth wasting precious moments complaining about when you could be spending quality time with him.

2. Praise Him - Our husbands take care of the family financially and protect us. I know mine is great at fixing most anything even if he has never fixed the particular item before. He finds out how to do it. He also fixes up our home and makes it comfortable and safe. Stay away from putting him down and instead lift him up.Avoid trying to "change" your spouse. Love him for who he is and you will see a change.

3. Show your appreciation- Make him his favorite meal/dessert or buy him his favorite drink of choice. This will go a long way in showing him that you care for him and appreciate all he does. I know there are other special ways to show him your appreciation that is just between the two of you :)

4 Listen- When your husband talks to you, put down whatever you are doing at the moment and give him your full attention and eye contact (if you have children try to work around this and teach them to not interupt, I am still working on this). This is a huge respect and love thing. He wants to know that you value what he says as important.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: James 1:19

 
5. Offer your help- If your husband seems stressed and overwhelmed. Ask him if he needs help with anything. If he can't find something help him look. Offer your assistance it goes a long way. Matthew 20:28 - Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.


 6. Don't talk bad about him- I cannot stress this enough. This is a major trust error and can really hurt your relationship. I have been guilty of this in the past and thought I was venting but it really hurt him. Have one safe person to get advice from and keep your husband in a positive light.
Proverbs 12:4 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.

7. Honor his parents/family- Avoid talking badly about his family. Love them and show them. Find ways to love them as your neighbor and show Yahshua's love which in turn shows your husband his love as well.

8. Compliment his appearance- we usually only think women need this affirmation, but men like to know you find them attractive as well. Also make sure you always make time to love him (if you know what I mean) even if you are tired. A husband likes to show his love in different ways. We don't want to reject his love :)

9. Spend time with him- Find something you both like to do and suggest you do it together. This is so important and will strengthen your bound and marriage.

10.  Apologize - Always apologize for anything where you were not putting your best effort forward or it seemed a terrible argument occurred and said things that were regretful even if you thought he deserved it. Repeat this on a consistent basis and I know you will see awesome things occur. I know I have! 
 Proverbs 21:19 - It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.


So if we want a truly "happy" marriage it is up to us for the most part! (I am talking about healthy marriages not abusive ones that would require some counseling and accountability) Thank you for reading and I praise Yahweh for teaching me his son's ways so that I can be more like him and I say this all in Yahshua's precious name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name