About Me

My photo
I am homeschooling mom of 8 wonderful blessings and wife to my best friend.Baby-Wearing, cloth diapering, pregnancy, natural health and healing and living frugally are some of my other interests. I love to read, write, listen to music, shop second hand, photography and enjoy family time especially out in nature. I enjoy cooking and making things as natural and homemade as possible. I also enjoy learning new things and about others along the way.

Popular Posts

Post It

Post It

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Why we won't be celebrating Halloween anymore

Joshua 24:15

King James Version (KJV)
 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
-- Ephesians 5:8-13


Times are changing and seem to be spinning into chaos and leaving Yahweh (hebrew name for God) and morals behind. For the past couple of years I felt it was layed on my heart to not celebrate Halloween. Yet, I gave in to my children and those around me and found ways to try to justify it.  I pray for Yahweh to forgive my sins and disobedience. It is a holiday that seems to embrace and celebrate evil. Not only that, but it is in fact a wiccan and satanic holiday. It is easy to find out the purpose and history of this devil's holiday. A holiday for witchcraft to be practiced that most of the USA celebrates. Do I like dressing my kids up? sure, but what is the cost and if I put dressing them up first is it not idolizing them? What is it really teaching my children about obedience to Yahweh and how is is showing we don't follow the world?  A church is doing a festival this Sunday where they won't dress up and I will take my kids to ease out of the evil and darkness. At this time they attend public school so I think I will keep them home that day and do something fun with them that doesnt have to do with the holiday. Yahweh thank you for showing me my disobedience and disregard for your instruction for my and my family's life. Thank you for the wisdom and discernment I have been praying for. I appreciate all you do for my family and I.  We will serve you and though it is getting more challenging in this changing world, we will rely on you for our strength, wisdom and instruction. Thank you for Yashua (Jesus) and his and your sacrifice for our sins. In Yashua's name, Amen!

Romans 12:2
New King James Version (NKJV)
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

1 Thessalonians 5:22: "Abstain from every form of evil."


UPDATE: Yesterday my mother in law invited us to a hayride and trick or treat in her town. I asked if there was going to be scary things and she didn't think that it was going to be scary. I honestly wanted to spend time with her and our family so I agreed.  The trick or treating part was decorated scary and people were dressed in scary attire. I asked for Yahweh to forgive me for not seeking his counsel in this matter, I was very uncomfortable during this portion. I slipped and fell but I am still not going to celebrate on October 31st. I learned a lesson and have repented of this and will pray before all decisions whether big or small.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Disclosure Statement

This blog is created and edited by me. I may receive products for review and giveaway. The opinions and statements about the products are my honest opinions and thoughts. I do not receive money to review and give away these products. If I do receive any monetary gain, I will disclose it in the particular post. I will not promote or compromise anything I don't stand for or agree with. Thank you for reading.
My Hebrew Name:
Amber
Courtesy of My Hebrew Name